COMPREHENSIVE VAPOR BARRIER SERVICES
Typically, pest infestations, especially rodent and wildlife infestations, result in significant damage to your crawlspace. Found in your crawlspace, is a thin layer (6mm thick) of plastic that covers the ground of your crawlspace called a vapor barrier. The purpose of the vapor barrier is to keep moisture from the ground, out of your crawlspace. Without a properly functioning vapor barrier, your home becomes susceptible to moisture that can damage the wooden structure of your home or business. It also prevents mold, mildew, rot and decay from occurring in your crawlspace too.
Black visqueen poly sheeting is recommended as a vapor barrier in your homes crawlspace. Pioneer Pest Management always uses the industries best quality products during vapor barrier installation so you can have peace of mind knowing our products and services are designed to last.
BENEFITS OF A PROFESSIONALLY INSTALLED VAPOR BARRIER
There are many benefits to installing a vapor barrier in your crawlspace or replacing a damaged vapor barrier:
- Helps produce a healthy crawlspace: a sound vapor barrier with adequate ventilation is imperative for integrity your crawlspace.
- Prevents moisture from damaging the structure of the property: the vapor barrier prevents all possible moisture issues from negatively affecting your property.
- Improves air quality: by preventing mold and mildew in the space, which is where much of your homes interior air quality comes from.
- Helps protect plumbing and provides additional insulation during winter months.
- Lower energy costs due to energy efficiency: the presence of a vapor barrier helps to regulate the temperature of your property resulting in energy savings.
For additional information about our comprehensive high quality vapor barrier services, contact Pioneer Pest Management today! We look forward to serving you!