- Size: Typically between 2-3 feet long, weighing approximately 10-30 pounds
- Appearance: distinctive black markings around the eyes, and alternating dark and light rings around the tail
- Feeds On: garbage, snails, bugs, fruits, vegetables, birds, turtles, rabbits, birds and their own eggs
- Nests: hollow trees, attics, crawlspaces, chimneys, tree crotches and beneath decks
- Concerns: Raccoons have paws that are capable of opening almost anything – they have been known to successfully turn door knobs, open garbage cans, windows, and garage doors. They can swim and climb trees, and often stand on their hind legs to inspect objects.